Saturday, 11 May 2013

Me as a Crazy Blogger


The Bard was on the “spot” when he wrote "To Be Or not To Be", the famous opening phrase of a soliloquy in Hamlet. This has always put questions in the minds of many individuals like me, in this case, “To Or Not To Be” a Blogger.

I do not know how to write articulately, but have immense love for all the things that the caption of my blog says. Being away from my the place and country of my birth, Hyderabad & India, has always caused melancholy and the “All things Bright & Beautiful” that Hyderabad/India has to offer, which I have not been able to let go off, has always been a force of attraction.

Those famous Irani Chai/Khara Biscuits/Samosas, the quintessential Hyderabadi Biryani/Bagara Baingan/Khatte Aalo/Double Ka Mittha/etc, “Manthakan Maarna – chit chatting” with friends, some evenings spent eating “Gup Chup – Gachuup – Pani Puri”/Ragda Pattis, etc, going to “Pittchr – Picture or Movie” are things which will never be the same again.

Although these things are still a part and parcel of Hyderabad, I believe that they do not matter much for those who were born in t he 80s or later.

Although having started using the computers since mid 90s, I have been actively involved in the social media for the last 3 – 4 years, having created 4 very popular groups on Facebook – “Rare Hindi Film Songs (RHFS)”, which currently boasts of over 1,900 members, the “Sensational Seventies” dedicated to Hindi Film Songs from the 1970s, “Mohd Rafi – The Virtuoso” dedicated to the divine voice and soul of Hindi films, which will never fade from this earth,and last but not the least “Saaz Aur Saazinde” which pays tribute to those unsung master music technicians, who for most part, have always been behind the curtain.

So, here I come, “Oh beautiful world of Blogging”, musing and writing about the things I love and miss. I will write mostly on these topics, and hope you will enjoy some of my blogging. Be careful, as mentioned above, I am not articulate nor do I have a gift of  writing, but one thing I can assure you is that you will never be bored of reading.

With love……..

Satyajit Rajurkar
11th May 11, 2013

4 comments: